Glenn T. Sundin
Member of The Florida Bar
United States Tax Court
United States District Court (Middle District of Florida)
United States District Court (Southern District of Florida)
Master of Laws in Tax(LL.M.)
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
Date of Graduation with Honors in December, 1988
Cumulative GPA in LL.M. (tax) Courses: 3.75
Law Degree at University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
Graduated with Honors in December, 1986
Cumulative GPA: 3.13,(Upper 14% of graduating class)
PRE-LAW Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Majored in Accounting
University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
Graduated Cum Laude in June, 1977
Cumulative GPA: 3.42
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES AT UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA:
Research assistant for Professor Dennis A. Calfee
Recipient of the J.J. Freeland Tax Scholarship
Book Award, Fiduciary Administration
High Honors, 2 semesters; Honors, 4 semesters
Honors in Appellate Advocacy, Fall semester, 1984
Certified Public Accountant, passed all four parts on first attempt in November, 1978
Member, Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Former member of Cocoa Rotary Club
Adjunct Professor, University of Central Florida, Business Law, Fall, 1996
A Practitioner’s Guide to Spin-offs, Split-offs and Split-ups, Florida CPA Today, Volume 9, No. 10, October 1993.
Timing of Tax Deduction for 401(k) Contributions Controlled by IRC Section 461(h), 401(k) Advisor, Panel Publishers, Vol. 3, No. 2
LEGAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
- April, 1997 to present: Glenn T. Sundin, Attorney At Law, P.A., 335 South Plumosa Street, Ste. A, Merritt Island, Florida 32952 General practice with special emphasis on tax law, estate planning, corporate law, real estate law and civil litigation
- March, 1996 to April, 1997: Meadows & Sundin, Cocoa, Florida 32922 Partner, corporate and commercial transactions, estate planning, general income tax and tax litigation.
- May, 1991 to March, 1996: Annis, Mitchell, Cockey, Edwards & Roehn, Tampa, Florida Associate Attorney, drafted commercial and corporate documents for various commercial transactions, drafted retirement plans, drafted wills and trusts for estate planning purposes, researched a variety of tax issues, tax planning, tax litigation and health care.
- November, 1989 to April, 1991: LeBoeuf, Lamb, Leiby & MacRae, Jacksonville, Florida Associate Attorney, Researched and prepared memoranda concerning various tax issues involving commercial transactions, bankruptcy and employee benefits.
- March, 1989 to November, 1989: Christian, Prom, Korn & Zehmer, P.A., Jacksonville, Florida Associate Attorney, researched and prepared memoranda concerning a variety of legal issues involving commercial transactions, estate planning and probate administration, health care and taxation.
Dow v. McKinley, 776 So.2d 1017 (5th DCA 2001); represented Appellants, Mr. and Mrs. Dow, in successfully having trial court reversed on appeal.
Welch v. DeCecco, 101 So.3d 421 (5th DCA 2012); successfully reversed trial court’s finding that decedent did not make inter-vivos gift of stock to client
TAX AND ACCOUNTING WORK EXPERIENCE:
1980: Berman, Shapiro & Crawford, CPA’s, Melbourne, Florida, Senior Accountant.
1980 to 1983: Deloitte, Haskins & Sells, West Palm Beach, Florida, Senior Accountant.
1978 to 1980: Internal Revenue Service, Atlanta, Georgia, Revenue Agent.